Tybee Island, Georgia's Only Full-Service Hotel & Conference Center
Ocean Plaza Beach Resort is Tybee Island's only full-service Hotel and Conference Center. It is located 20 minutes East of Historic Downtown Savannah.
Our resort offers the following waterfront amenities for your enjoyment:
- 210 Nicely Appointed Hotel Rooms, Suites, and Luxury Condos
- All our hotel rooms and suites are spacious and feature private balconies, and many feature direct views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Located just steps away from miles of white, clean, sandy beaches, rolling sand dunes, and the Atlantic Ocean. Ocean Plaza Resort fronts on 450 linear feet of beach.
- Tybee Island was recently designated America's Healthiest Beach by Health Magazine, and Best Beach Destination by readers of Georgia Magazine.
- Umbrellas, lounge chairs, and rafts are available for rent on the beach nearby.
- Our award-winning Dolphin Reef Oceanfront Restaurant & Bar features a panoramic view of the Atlantic Ocean along with Caribbean, Southern, and American cuisine. It is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Located in the heart of Tybee Island's downtown commercial district. Numerous restaurants, bars, gift shops, and art galleries are located nearby within walking distance.
- Two Sparkling Outdoor Swimming Pools and a Poolside Bar
- A Gift Shop and Pantry Area
- Complimentary Parking
- Free Wireless High Speed Internet Access
- Complimentary Guest Business Center
- Over 4,000 square feet of flexible Meeting, Reception, and Banquet Space Available in our Full Service Conference Center. The hotel has in its Conference Center adequate space to accommodate the most intimate board meeting to the most lavish wedding up to 225 attendees.
- 24 hour front desk and reservations agents always on duty to serve you.
- Tybee Island is the closest beach destination to Atlanta, Augusta, Macon, Chattanooga, and many other metropolitan areas
- Lodging accommodations and meeting facilities available year round.
- Early American forts, museums, and monuments are available nearby for you to visit and learn about Tybee Island's rich recorded history which spans hundreds of years.
- Amazing Eco-tourism venues for you to immerse yourself in Tybee Island's beautiful tropical ecology.
- Hospitality Served Here Since 1889. Please visit our History page on this website to read about our wonderful history.
- RV parking spaces available. It is a primitive site with no hookups.
- Tybee Island is secluded from the rest of the world by picturesque and vast Romerly Marsh which is home to a large variety of flora and fauna.
There has been a hotel operating continuously on the Ocean Plaza Beach Resort parcel of land since 1889 when the legendary Hotel Tybee was first built in that location. The Ocean Plaza Beach Resort is a hotel independently owned by a privately held Georgia corporation controlled by the Spirides family. The Spirides family has operated businesses in Tybee Island's downtown commercial district for the past 70 years, and they have owned the Ocean Plaza Beach Resort property since 1967. Third generation hotelier Harry Spirides is currently the Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of the company. Mr. Spirides has worked in every conceivable job in the company over the past 30+ years.
To learn more about our rich heritage you may buy our history book titled "Hotel Tybee" or read a Google preview on it at www.arcadiapublishing.com/9780738590868/Hotel-Tybee. This book was authored by Harry Spirides. All of the author's profits from the sale of this book will be donated to restoring the Tybee Post Theater into an active performing arts and cultural center.
For a trip back in time and even more information on this family's legacy you may visit the website www.hoteltybee.com.
Ocean Plaza Beach Resort is operated via a management contract with Tybee Island Management Company, LLC.